Saturday, March 14, 2009

Washington Post Eliminating Daily Business Section

Last night I heard on The Rachel Maddow Show that the Washington Post will be eliminating its daily business section. The reason that I sat up and took notice of this is that I am presently writing a longer essay, which I will be posting here, on my views of the current economic system and the changes which I believe will be necessary for the future. The current system is more than in a shamble. I believe that it is totally broken. In addition, we will be needing to create a whole new paradigm for the world's total Gross Worldly Product, rather than just the GNP. The idea that a company should be making money for parasitic investors by sending out the manufacture of goods to other countries with virtual slave conditions is not only immoral; it is also inherently bad for the company in the long run. However, too many so-called executives only believe in the short-term rather than the long-term as can be seen by their actions.

No comments: