Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hypocrisy Watch: Do As I Say, Not As I Do

I have a finely set Hypocrisy Meter. There are, of course, The Usual Suspects. The entire GOP is in a category all their own. However, there is one group in particular who will scream "persecution" when I mention them: so-called "moderate" Christians. The reason I am placing them in this category is because of a call some of their leaders made to moderate Muslims to abjure the Jihadists, theocrats, and other assorted wing-nuts who populate that religion. Of course, almost every religion has its own jihadists, theocrats, and wing-nuts. However, these fine folk do not seem to find it necessary that they, in turn, PUBLICALLY abjure the jihadists, dominionists, theocrats, and assorted wing-nuts in their own religion. I do remember that somewhere in one of the gospels that Jesus said something to effect of tending to the log in your own eye before telling another person to tend to the sliver in his. So, no soup for you today!

No comments: